There are many web hosting options available for site owners to select from. The most popular selection, however, for website owners is VPS hosting. You can take your web hosting a step further by using your VPS remotely.
If you have no idea how to set up your VPS server remotely, we are here to help. We will summarize all that you need to know about VPS hosting service, including where you can get cheap VPS hosting in 2020.
An Overview of VPS Hosting
Before we begin, you must understand what VPS web hosting is all about, including its advantages. The term VPS is used to refer to a Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting platforms mimic the operations of a dedicated server.
VPS hosts websites on a shared environment meaning all websites operating on the server share available resources. However, the shared resources are properly allocated using a hypervisor. The VPS hosting hypervisor also takes care of server resources management so that the hosted sites can run smoothly.
VPS hostings furnish you with almost the same services as a dedicated server hosting; however, you get some extra advantages. Before you decide on a VPS hosting provider for your website, you must fully comprehend the basic features and characteristics that differentiate it from other hosting options.
What is VPS Remote Hosting All About?
Nowadays, the remote desktop with VPS hosting has become a crucial tool for website owners, tech supports, and administrators. It helps them to access, detect, and repair the remote computer's problem. This problem may be hardware-based or application-based. But what exactly is VPS remote hosting about?
How do I host a VPS Remotely?
It is possible to access VPS from a remote desktop via a strong internet connection. Using a website hosting that allows you to use your VPS from a remote desktop, allows you to interact with remote PCs like they are present locally. The remote desktop can most often be accessed via the default remote desktop port 3389. We advise you to change your default RDP port from 3389 to a unique number for security purposes.
When running your site using the remote desktop with a VPS setup, a copy of the remote server's image is passed along to the local computer. The image is usually updated at regular intervals on the local computer. This image may also be set to update the local computer when the remote desktop software intercepts an image change.
Your activities are recorded on the local computer's and then transmitted to the remote computer VPS via the remote desktop protocol. All the instructions you enter via your computer's mouse and keyboard are processed by the operating system embedded in the remote VPS.
These processes and instructions are carried out swiftly so that there is little or no lag when you access your website via your remote VPS hosting. By employing a website hosting platform that allows you to access VPS servers remotely, you gain access to many things. These extra features include: being able to troubleshoot and resolve basic computer problems, perform administrative tasks with ease. Other features include the ability to access your workplace server from anywhere with a remote computer and so much more.
How do I Host a VPS Server on my PC
Hosting a VPS server on your PC is easy if you follow these steps
- Step 1: Check that your physical server meets the hardware requirements for the VPS hypervisor.
- Step 2: Save the data on your current server.
- Step 3: Install the hypervisor by inserting the disc into the reader. After that, boot the console.
- Step 4: You can scale the CPU power, memory, and RAM of your server.
- Step 5: Next, install the operating system of your choice, then configure and install the desired software.
You can set up your VPS such that it accesses the required devices remotely. This trick has become crucial for a business that has multiple office locations or employees working remotely. The remote VPS servers are designed to allow remote users to gain access to them. Learn how to do this in the next section.
How Can I Set Up a Remote VPS Server?
Connecting your VPS to a remote server requires specific tools. You can learn how to connect your VPS to a remote desktop here. Follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: First, ensure the PC you want to connect to remotely is turned on and can access the internet. The desired computer must be turned on for this to work. Keep in mind that while some remote administrations can work with devices that are turned off or on sleep mode, others cannot.
- Step 2: Check to make sure the remote administration tool does not require client and server applications. If the remote tool requires these, install, and enable both client and server applications on the computer.
- Step 3: Type in the name and IP address of your intended VPS server. Ensure that you type these incorrectly.
- Step 4: Enable all the necessary permissions you need to connect your VPS remotely. Ensure that you double-check the firewall settings to ensure they do not block the VPS server from hosting your site remotely.
How Can I Get Cheap VPS Hosting in 2020
VPS hosting is a fine blend of dedicated hosting and shared hosting. The use of a hypervisor, like we previously mentioned, helps you partition your website and keep it separate from that of other users. Common features of VPS hosting include: high uptime, increased traffic capacity, great partitioning, server management, and so much more.
For most people, the challenge of getting VPS hosting is its cost. Great news, we have some great and yet cheap VPS host providers available this 2020. We will address this in the next section.
What are the Best Yet Affordable VPS Hosting Providers for 2020?
As we promised, we have compiled a list of some of the best yet cheap VPS providers for 2020. Find them here below.
1. InMotion VPS Hosting
InMotion makes our list with the advantages it offers to you. This VPS hosting provider offers you awesome features at a fair price. With this hosting platform, you can gain root access, set up different email accounts, free backups, and an unlimited CPU core. There are different plans available with a monthly subscription. The prices for these plans range from as little as $5.
With InMotion VPS hosting, you get as high as 99.97% server uptime, 25GB storage space, 6Tb of bandwidth. You also get 24/7 support, discounts on yearly subscriptions, and up to 1Gb RAM.
2. A2 VPS Hosting
A2 VPS hosting is another ideal hosting platform for website owners. It is great, especially for owners who are not familiar with certain aspects of VPS servers. It is designed with a friendly and customer-centric approach that leaves you feeling valued. The providers offer you a 30-day money-back option.
A2 VPS hosting is compatible with both Linux and Windows OS, offers you root access and the access to create an unlimited number of email accounts.
3. BlueHost VPS
Bluehost is best known for WordPress hosting. However, it has all you require from a VPS hosting. Apart from the server features, Bluehost gives you a free domain. The plans are set at $18.99/month for fresh customers, $29.99 for returning customers, and some plans for $59.99.
Some of the advantages of using BlueHost VPS asides from its low cost include the high uptime of 99.98%, 24/7 technical support, one-click word press installation, and high bandwidth. It also offers you up to 30 GB of storage and is great for hosting photography websites.
4. iPage VPS Hosting
iPage VPS hosting possesses some of the cheapest VPS hosting plans. These providers offer you a fair bit of everything you need for your website. These features range from free backups to root access and SSL security. iPage VPS hosting offers you up to 99.94% uptime, round-the-clock support, and many more, all at reasonable prices.
Hostinger takes the cap for hosting services in general. Its VPS option is also quite solid. The starting fee is $3.95 each month. With this plan, you get a 30-day money back guarantee. Hostinger offers you round-the-clock support, 99.99% uptime, 20GB storage space, and allows you to create websites of your own.
What Operating Systems Can I Set Up VPS Hosting on Remotely?
VPS hosting is very flexible and scalable. It is compatible with several core operating systems like Linux and windows. Each operating system is designed with its advantages and disadvantages.
We will strive to give you more information about running your VPS server on Linux and Windows. We will also list the benefits of both operating systems for VPS hosting. With the information provided, you should find the task of selecting an operating system to run your VPS less challenging.
1. Linux Operating Systems
There is one major reason why Linux is the go-to operating system in the world of VPS hosting. It is open-source software that allows you to manipulate it easily. Linux also allows you to control your server efficiently, optimize your server, and even customize it.
There are five major Linux distributions currently topping the Linux distribution charts. They are Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian, CentOS, Fedora, and Ubuntu. These different Linux distributions work differently with specific operations. It is important to use the Linux distribution best suited for your task.
What are the Advantages of Running VPS on Linux Operating System
Improved Site Performance - Running your VPS on Linux OS consumes fewer resources. The lower consumption of resources helps to increase the performance of your website and reduce downtimes.
- Flexibility and Reliability - With the help of certain control panels, e.g., cPanel, you can allocate available resources to target applications. The efficient allocation of resources helps give you the flexibility and assurance you need to run your website.
- Ease of Configuration and Customization - running your VPS on Linux OS affords you access to open source code software. With this software, you can alter the configurations and current setup of your server. You can also customize your server such that it suits your preferences and needs.
- Improved Uptime - Another benefit of running your VPPS hosting on the Linux operating system is that you will have no issues boosting your server uptime. You can also make your website user friendly. All these are achievable because, with Linux, you can use several coding languages without the fear of incompatibility.
2. Windows Operating Systems
VPS are equipped to run on Windows operating systems just fine. One huge difference between running your VPS server on Linux and running it on Windows OS is the cost. The cost of a Windows VPS is by far more than that of Linux VPSs because Windows operating system is commercial software.
What are Some Advantages of Running Your VPS Server on Windows Operating System?
- User-Friendly GUI Every Windows VPS is designed with a user-friendly graphical user interface. This User-friendly GUI is especially handy for users who are not used to the non-graphical user interface platforms.
- Adequate Security Window VPSs provide your server with top-notch security. These strong security measures protect your server from viruses and spy programs. Windows VPS comes equipped with anti-spyware programs, antiviruses, and firewalls.
- Manipulate Your Website With Windows VPS programs, you can create complex sites and even manipulate your current site. There are built-in programs such as ASP and ASP.NET that you can use for this purpose.
VPS server hosting is one of the popular options for web hosting amongst website owners. Site owners can take advantage of the benefits VPS remote hosting provides. One good thing about this web hosting solution is that there are cheap VPS hosting platforms that offer you juicy benefits. Take your site to the next level with the information we have provided you with in this article.
Learn more :