With the right provider, such as VPSServer.com in particular, you are given the chance to enjoy both an automated cPanel and direct admin control, therefore giving you a smooth experience. Also, you will receive the right technology which will let you enjoy exceptional processing power along with fantastic performance on a well-secured server. Not to mention that all these wonderful features are available at a relatively very cheap price.
You will always be provided with numerous provider options, but opt for a Cheap Linux VPS hosting from VPSserver.com today and get top quality at affordable prices, along with a free 7-day trial.
Reliable Cheap Linux VPS Hosting
Linux VPS hosting is one that is generally optimized for high performance. It is packed with so many advantages – mainly including the fact that it is operated on an isolated OS which you can customize to suit your various needs. It is best suited for websites that get heavy traffic, and due to its cost-effectiveness, it is perfect for bloggers as well. Linux VPS hosting does not only comes at a lessened operational cost but has a high level of reliability, as well as instant activation.
It is a well-known fact in the world of web hosting today that Linux VPS is responsible for powering the majority of the leading websites. It is widely used by many websites globally, basically because of its low cost and high reliability. With the services of Linux, you get a hosting solution to enjoy reliability, security, and flexibility as well, all with instant activation. You get the ability to customize a scalable environment, making sure your website's visitors have a great experience. Opting for reliable cheap Linux VPS hosting is the best thing you can do for your business today, and below are some of the reasons:
- Cost-effectiveness: When it comes to cost and a cheap alternative, Linux is known to make use of Open source technology, and is hence less expensive. This makes it suitable for many businesses, most especially start-ups and small businesses. Linux can be downloaded without having to pay an extra cost and is used for free. You also do not need to purchase any license, as you would have had to with Windows. All this makes Linux a cheaper alternative and can help improve your savings significantly.
- Security: Linux takes the security of servers as a priority. They have laid down necessary steps to ensure their users enjoy the best form of safety. Since Linux is an Open source technology, more procedures have been carried out to better fortify the servers using security patches on regular basis. Also, updates for even better security is available.
- Customization: With Linux, you are given the avenue to customize your server however you want, with the provision of access to design tools. This can be very useful to many, most especially those who are into designing businesses. Linux takes away the limitations and restrictions you’d normally be given when trying to customize your server to your taste or to suit whatever business you are running.
- Improved Performance: When you do not just go for Linux VPS hosting, but for a reliable one, you are given more resources, which are dedicated totally to your business’s needs. The improved capacity and processing power that you are given by a reliable Linux option lead to a much higher performance level. What this means is that your other operations will not be affected by a running process. All this makes your website load faster, thereby increasing your level of engagement, conversion rate, and ultimately your SERP ranking.
- Increased Reliability: The structure of any server is so that any loophole can lead to the crashing of the entire server. This is why a server must be complete. The good news is, Linux is provided with everything necessary to positively impact the uptime and overall performance of your server.
Going further, we can see that the cost-effective and budget-friendly nature of Linux VPS opens the gate for even more benefits to your business. This is so because you’re given the chance to invest your accumulated savings into other areas of your business, thereby increasing its potential to grow.
The infrastructures which Linux utilizes are capable of withstanding any form of security threats including a wide variety of virus, spyware, and malware types. This gives you peace of mind, as well as helps you avoid spending too much on your server security, thereby, giving you the avenue to focus better on your business.
With Linux, you also have better access to several programs such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, and a lot more. They better operate on Linux based platforms, therefore, if any of them are useful to you, then a reliable cheap Linux VPS is what you should aim for.
With the Linux VPS hosting, your server is not prone to frequent crashes. This significantly increases the stability and hence the reliability of your server, giving you peace of mind as well.
SSD VPS With Linux OS
The world in general, and web hosting in particular have seen so many upgrades in recent times. These upgrades are very common most especially with those services that are most used. For a fact, VPS hosting offers services to a great number of people, and it’s only expected that it should have been well upgraded, so customers can keep experiencing the best of web hosting. These many advancements cover areas such as the operating system of the server and its storage technology among a host of others.
Focusing on the topic at hand, which in this case is relating to storage technology in VPS hosting, there are currently two types in use today. These two types are the HDD and SSD. HDD stands for Hard Disk Drive. It is a traditional or an older method and operates by storing data by the spinning of magnetic disks. Due to the spinning of its disk, this makes it a crude and slow method of storing data, thereby, leading to its replacement by the innovation of a more modern method – the use of SSD.
SSD is an acronym for Solid State Drives. Unlike the HDD, it does not utilize spinning physical disks. Rather, it stores data into drives or microchips using flash memory. The use of SSD has made web hosting see significant advancement. This has made it almost completely replace HDDs which had earlier entirely dominated the world of computing, especially in previous decades.
Solid State Drives are by far a better upgrade and comes with an increased speed. This makes it no avoid frequent lags and overheating, quickly making it for being far more efficient in – and hence a better data storage. It contradicts HDD which had moving parts, overheated easily, and made loud unpleasant noises, which makes it more inefficient. Below are the major benefits of using SSD over HDD:
- It has a far better hosting speed: Without doubt, you can see this as one of the best benefits SSD has over HDD. SSD possesses the ability to read and write data simultaneously. This means that requests will be executed much faster. Also, other significant improvements allow the drive to save data at a very fast rate. In fact, a mere change from HDD to SSD can raise speed by 200%. This is very beneficial for companies, most especially as loading speed is one of the ranking factors used by Google.
- It comes with better security: The use of HDD came with a high risk of mechanical failures or crashes, mainly because it relied on the physical spinning of disks. These crashes can be catastrophic as they could cause the loss of valuable data. With SSD however, your drive does not only just fix the problem of mechanical failures, it ensures your data is better secured and readily available whenever.
- Its power consumption is far less, and it is environmentally friendly: It consumes far less power and is more environmentally friendly: HDD is known to consume a lot of energy just to run. SSD has however checkmated that disadvantage as it requires only just 20% of the energy that HDD requires. This can be very beneficial as your electricity consumption is cut down and helps you save better.
In essence, HDD has a far lesser disk read speed than SSD which is more efficient. This is because of the speed, durability, power, etc which SSD offers. Between the two, HDD is a cheaper option, but as technology continues to develop, that gap too is very likely to be narrowed. Also, if you are looking to implement the VPS web hosting into your business, it will do you very well to opt for the very best option, which is SSD VPS with Linux OS.
Additional VPS Expansion Options
When using VPS hosting, you get to enjoy many benefits for a good time range. However, as you continue to use your website effectively, to work hard, and your business starts to grow, your traffic will also start increasing as well. At this point, your server may start experiencing little faults which could result in more serious problems such as slow loading, frequent crashes, etc, and upgrades will become a necessity as these problems can be catastrophic to your business. An average upgrade could simply just be expanding your server.
There are many things that you can expand on your server, including your resources. However, the most often expanded feature on a VPS is the storage. To expand your storage, you first have to purchase additional storage. In doing this, you click on the upgrade icon which can be found in your VPS dashboard. There, you’ll have to change the slider on SSD only Storage to whatever amount of storage you feel is right for you, then select continue. Moving further, you’ll be required to complete all the necessary transactions by paying the needed price.
After the purchase is complete, it is up to you to decide if you want to create a new disk in your system and mount it on a separate directory or to expand the already existing disk to the new size without having to lose any of your data. Note that you won’t lose any of your previously stored data on the original disk even if you choose the former.
Among the two options you have, the most preferred and most convenient is going with the additional VPS expansion option – expanding your storage space. To expand your already existing disk, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to your dashboard
- Move to the Storage tab of your VPS, where you should see your existing disk.
- Click on the expand link
- Scroll the disk to the maximum, or simply scroll it to the desired size.
- Save the changes.
After completing these steps, you will be required to wait for the entire system to provision disk, and for the VPS to reboot. After this, you will have to verify that your additional disk space has been effected/activated on your VPS by running the necessary commands. You should then notice that the size of the disk must have expanded.
You should also know that you can find the File system of any existing partition, and you should ensure to do so. This too can be done by running the necessary commands. You should then be able to see your existing file system. It could be xfs, or ext4 in some cases as well. To resize the partition in an xfs file system type, run the command “sudo xfs_growfs/” with the / being the mount point of the partition. If your file system is of the ext4 type, on the other hand, you can expand the partition by running the command "Sudo resize2fs/dev/dev/sda1” with /dev/sda1 being the name of the partition. Finally, you can now verify that your disk has been expanded by running the command df-h.
Though the most frequently expanded, the disk space is not the only feature that can be expanded in your server. You can expand your resources as well as other features at any point in time. Always ensure to consider look into additional VPS expansion options whenever you feel you’re outgrowing your VPS hosting. This could be a far cheaper alternative to changing your plan or having to change the entire server. However, it depends solely on the exact demands of your business and website.