6 Vital Things You Should Note Before You Buy Linux VPS
The world of VPS is so vast that if you fail to take a close look into it, you might fall into the hands of fraudsters. If that doesn’t happen, your site may be at risk of viruses or malicious malware. One thing web owners fail to do these days is to carefully check the vital factors needed before buying their—in this case—Linux VPS hosting plans.
Before making purchase any Linux VPS plan, you need to have in-depth knowledge about what you are going into. Hosting a website should not be done haphazardly. Your website is something that will last for a long time and you wouldn’t want to start having so much issues right from the start, would you?
Proper knowledge of these indispensable things will help you choose the best service that is suitable for you and meet your aim of opening any site. All sites are not created in the same manner and fro same purpose and as such, you should endeavor to look deeper into every Linux VPS plan you are buying; if possible, ask questions, and get the right information to avoid falling into the wrong hands.
You may think it’s too difficult to get this information (especially the right ones), seeing that the internet is saturated with so much news already. Don’t worry about that. We have carefully designed this article to help you find your way and get the necessary details before buying any Linux VPS hosting service. Keep reading and you’d be exposed to a whole lot in a while!
As much as it is pretty easy to understand these things and personally fix your site by yourself, you can as well, give the job to a qualified tech guru to help you, just in case you don’t understand the “SSH,” “VPS,” “cPanel,” and every other techy term that spins your head and makes everything look like some advanced tech thesis.
However, you can as well, follow a few steps and go on the route of DIY to get most of the work done perfectly and in the end, cut down expenses and save more!
You will not only learn about the factors you need to consider before buying your Linux VPS hosting plan but you will also know what to do whenever you notice an error in the system. You will also know how to access the cPanel and make a few changes on Linux.
Note that you mustn’t take every step hook-line-and-sinker. You still have the option to hire a tech engineer to assist you whenever you get to a dead end. Also, whenever you’re in doubt, always refer to Google and you can leave your questions in the comment section below and we won’t hesitate to give our support.
Unlike other Linux VPS hosting services out there, our Linux VPS plans have standing records for simplicity and excellence. We also make the whole process less complicated so as to enable you make changes without sweating your pores out.
We have carefully written down this guide to help you navigate your way through any Linux VPS hosting plan you purchase, so that you don’t get stranded along the way. Is it that easy? Well, there’s only one way to find out!
Who needs to use Linux VPS web hosting plans?
You may be wondering the people who can purchase or use our Linux VPS service. Is it for web developers alone? Can a beginner understand everything here?
Well, we don’t know about you, but anyone who goes through the right processes can do it. Linux VPS is for everyone! Yes, everyone can use our service and experience massive results in record time. Business owner, bloggers, personal brands, and so many other web owners can make use of the service and maximize all its benefits.
We have over 50,000 satisfied customers and still counting! So, you’re probably on the “waiting list,” if you don’t join in today and get your desired plan.
How easy is it to use Linux VPS hosting?
One major fear of web owners is the complex, painstaking, and techy processes that comes with managing a website. To some extent, some persons may just decide to ignore the whole process and hire a professional to handle the job.
But if you’re out of funds and may want to go in for a crazy adventure, then this is for you. The first thing you should take note of here is that it’s relatively easy to use Linux VPS. There’s always a place of learning! No one falls from space with an amazing techy knowledge.
Although, things may look so rough and discouraging at first but that’s not the end. It’s a journey filled with fun and adventure if you’re ready for the paradigm shift! And you’d enjoy every bit of the process. We have specifically created this article for you to understand basic things about Linux VPS and when you purchase a plan, you don’t have to be stranded when you face minor issues.
Also, we're always here to answer all your questions! So, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. Whenever you get confused, you can leave a message for us and we’ll gladly and promptly fix it for you!
Linux VPS is very easy to use. It is compatible with applications like PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, and MySQL. And just in case you don’t want to hire a tech guru, you will be needing a “little” knowledge about the command interface— in fact you’d need it a lot.
It also has stripped on approach you can use to make it easier for you to optimize your site and with less workload on your hardware. You don’t need to be afraid of security because Linux VPS is adequately secured. Your content is safe. Like we stated earlier, if you’re in doubt about anything, don’t forget to reach out to our customer support team who are always a click away to attend to your challenges.
6 Factors to Consider Before You Buy Linux VPS
There are so many hosting services around and each has a specific mode of operation. If you fail to properly define each of their strategies, you may clash along the way and spend so much only to get little or nothing in return.
This is not limited to Linux VPS alone. You can also use these factors whenever you want to purchase any web hosting plan from any platform.
Many businesses are opening websites every second and there’s an influx of these web hosting services everywhere. While some of these businesses scale through and meet the demands of the market, others fail and closed up.
Some businesses fail due to so many reasons; however, quite a number of them close up due to poor website resources which are not limited to service interruptions, glitches, slow loading, and so many other annoying factors contributing to the failure of a business website.
Many of these hosting services know these fault and this is why they will go as far as reducing their price to a ridiculous amount, attracting vulnerable buyers and at the tail end, these malfunctions begin to affect your business' productivity.
You might want to check out some of the vital factors that you should consider before you buy an web hosting plan:
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): This is basically the brain box of your operating system. It controls virtually all the functions responsible for making your site go live and managing it effectively. You can choose your CPU depending on what you want to achieve on your site. For a gaming site, your CPU should be top-notch and efficient to avoid a few malfunctions.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): This RAM controls your site speed and a few aspects. For some sites, it’s perfect to run on 512MB RAM. Others can be 1GB RAM or higher. It largely depends on the site’s function, activities, and number of visitors accessing the site each time.
- Bandwidth: Sometimes, there could be a high influx of visitors on you site and this can affect how your site functions because the level of traffic on a site at any given time will determine how it operates. For efficiency and smooth running of your website, you should look out for a high bandwidth, if you notice the increase in your visitors. If you fail to do this in time, it may be difficult to receive and send data thereby paralyzing the operation of your website.
- Disk Space: All sites are not created equally. While some may accommodate large files and documents, others may be used for simple portfolios, blogs, and job samples. The disk space should accommodate your data without disruption. The disk space for a media site will be relatively different from that of a portfolio site. Check out the disk space and know what your site can accommodate over the years. You ought to be on the safer side.
- Scalability: If your site is not scalable, it can be difficult to thrive in the ever growing and evolving world. There’s a high demand for new strategies and ways to handle how things work. If you have a static site that cannot blend or meet up with new trends, your business may become obsolete in no time. Before purchasing Linux VPS plan, find out if the service is scalable.
- Reliability: Everyone loves to work with a trustworthy person. You’re probably working with us because you trust us. So, when looking out or a Linux VPS hosting platform, find out how reliable it is. Look out for reviews and feedbacks from customers. Observe the site's monitoring system, security protocols, page loading speed, etc. Very few servers explain these points. Most platforms tend to cover up by reducing the price to attract buyers. You need to have in-depth knowledge of the functions and how they relate to your site before purchasing a plan.
How do you access Linux VPS after purchasing a plan?
Now, you’re ready to make your site go live! So many things on your mind and content well planned. There’s just so much work ahead of you and if you are not organized, you may get overwhelmed with the entire process.
After buying a Linux VPS hosting plan, the next thing you should do is to set up your cPanel and work on every other techy aspects of your site.
Of course, it doesn’t end with purchasing. There’s still a lot of work to do and you have to be very careful at this stage to avoid unnecessary mistakes that could lead to future problems.
Although, this part may seem difficult and intimidating at first but you’d probably get the hang of it with time. Using Linux VPS is fun and more efficient because you have a lot of rooms and features to explore.
Check out these five easy steps to connect your Linux VPS and have full access to it:
- Learn the basic processes of logging into your VPS with Secure Shell (SSH) access.
- You will need to update your server to blend with the newest version.
- Look for a way to create new user. Also, check out on how to modify privileges.
- After that, you should enable public key authentication.
- Lastly, you ought to set up a firewall for your VPS, to avoid malicious activities and attacks.
These steps require continuous practices for proper mastering. Make a detailed search on the right commands to use in each case.
How you can resolve any error encountered while using Linux VPS
You should know that with time, you may experience some difficulties and errors while using Linux VPS. Of course, the system is not 101% perfect and as such, there could be a few errors that may affect the functions.
To resolve these errors, the first and best practice is to troubleshoot the system and find out the cause of the problem. You will only troubleshoot when you notice an issue. If you want to recover this, you will first need to access Linux server with a sudo user. Afterwards, here are steps you can take to do this:
- Check your server status
- Take a close look at your server and monitor it’s working pattern
- Examine the logs and see if you notice a lag
- Check if your web server is running
- Verify the syntax of the web server
- Check if your database back-end is running fine
- Verify if your web (or app) server is able to connect to database back-end
- Check if the ports are open
- Verify your DNS settings
These processes will ensure that there are no loopholes. It functions like a checklist and helps you note specific areas to correct.
It’s not just enough to buy a Linux VPS hosting plan. You should also take out time to examine what you need and how it relates to your service(s). See the important factors that need to be checked before you even make the purchase because it will help you in near future.
Once you’ve made the payment, you should also seek positive measures to carefully set up your account and make it run smoothly.
Linux VPS hosting is great for your site and we offer the best plan for you with irresistible offers. You might want to purchase one now and see how it boosts your site’s functions.
Learn more :