The control panel is a software module that enables users to carry out administrative functions, to enable some software and hardware features. It also enables the user to control user accounts and regulate accessibility. Due to the importance of the control panel, it is important to understand these pieces of software and how they work.
WEB HOSTING CONTROL PANELS SOFTWARE ON LINUX AND WINDOWS 2021
A control panel acts as an interface for the management and administration of the hosted websites, email, etc. It is usually provided by the hosting provider.
With control panel software, you get the best services in as little time as possible and the beautiful thing is that lots of these tools are free so, you don’t have to worry about payment and all of that.
Some of these pieces of software include:
This is a web hosting control panel software on Linux that helps you start containers, manage storage, configure the network, inspect logs, etc.
In addition to these, it also enables you to manage and monitor multiple servers simultaneously. All you need to do is to include the servers you want to monitor and Cockpit will take over the task of monitoring them.
It is loaded with lots of fantastic features which include:
- Management of user accounts
- Management of Docker container
- Ensures good system performance
- Modification of network settings on the server
- Co-ordinates system configuration and diagnostic information
The major part of what Webmin does is to provide a web- admin panel for web administrators. It also provides support for applications like databases, mail, web, etc. Webmin is flexible and its functionality can be scaled by simply adding more features to it. For a start, there are a variety of modules available for the user to get started
This is one of the most popular web hosting control panels. it offers users excellent server administration and control panel. With Ajenti, the user can install packages needed for his website, run commands, and manage several websites simultaneously. You can do this with an add-on called Ajenti V. WITH Ajenti, you can access multiple modules and frameworks for different uses. Ajenti has a combination of very attractive features and theyinclude:
- A graphic user interface from the Angular JS from Google
- Properly documented interfaces
- An active firewall with tight security against intruders and external activities
- Up-to-date notification and Live updates for the user
Cpanel is a web hosting control panel software specifically designed for Linux. Its simple graphic user interface enables the user to easily automate system tasks and in the same vein, manage and control multiple websites and servers effortlessly. cPanel is the most popular control panel software for Linux web hosting. cPanel stands out as one of the most popular and efficient control p[anel software in the hosting industry. This is no wonder it is widely in use by site owners.
Its features include:
- Enables the user to create and publish a website.
- Enables the user to create mails and calenders
- Secure and efficient file management
- Secure domain managemet]nt
- Enables the user to launch databases and include DNS
- Users can schedule cron jobs and achieve lots more with the cpanel.
Since cPanel is one of the most popular and preferred Linux-based control panel systems, a guide on how to use it may be necessary.
First of all, you need to know that each cPanel installation has its unique characteristics. However, it is relatively easy to get acquainted with each of these different installations. Different metrics help you keep a tab on your site's performance and use of resources. These modules include:
- File modules: basically, these modules enable you to manage files and to upload them directly to your cPanel without having to involve an FTP client. File modules include backup, disk usage, file manager, Directory Privacy, images, FTP Accounts, and Connections, etc.
- Preferences: this module is for the customization of your cPanel layout to suit your specific and unique needs. The modules under preferences are Change language, change style, contact information, and user manager.
- Databases: a website based on a Content Management System will need a Database to function. The database will enable it to store posts and lots of other information. Database modules include MySQL Databases, MySQL Database Wizard, phpMyAdmin, and Remote MySQL.
- Web Applications: Web application modules are Joomla, phpBB, WordPress, Drupal.
- Domains: these modules enable the user to host multiple sites. Under Domains, you will find modules like redirects, subdomains, DNS Manager, Addon Domains, Preview website, and aliases. Apart from hosting multiple sites, domains also help you set up subdomains and redirects.
- Metrics: metric enables you to monitor your site's performance. Metrics modules include Bandwidth, visitors, Raw access, Awstats, CPU, and concurrent connection Usage, etc
- Software: these modules are used by advanced users and thus, may not be necessary for you as a beginner. The modules here include Cloudflare, free shopping cart, optimize the website, Application manager, WordPress themes, etc.
- Email: Email modules are used to manage your email accounts. They include email wizard, autoresponders, encryption, address importer, filters, etc.
- Security: Security modules enable you to monitor and manage the control settings of your web hosting account. Security modules include SSH access, Leech protection, Lets Encrypt, SSL/TLS, IP Blocker, hotlink protection, etc.
- Advanced: these modules are utilized by advanced users alone. Advanced modules include indexes, track DNS, error pages, Cron jobs, cache manager, MIME types, and Apache handlers.
While cPanel is popular among Linux users, Plesk stands out as the most popular Windows Control Panel software. Plesk is a web hosting control panel software that enables users to manage their servers, WordPress accounts, etc. Its major users are web professionals of all calibers. These include; web developers, content creators, and managers, digital marketers and agencies, IT administrators, etc.
Features of Plesk Control Panel software are:
- Tight security and protection
- User-friendly and easy-to-use interface
- Enables multi-users
- SEO toolkit
- Flexibility of management
- Versatility and compatibility with both Windows-based and Linux-based Servers.
- Plesk provides WordPress users with adequate security by installing bug fixes and security patches.
This software works most on BDS Systems and Linux. Its flexibility is top-notch and it serves as an efficient web hosting tool. It has an easy to use and user-friendly interface. Virtualmin is a top-ranking web hosting solution and has gained quite a lot of popularity in a short time. Features of this software are:
- Analytics etc
- LDAP Authentication
- 2-factor authentication
- Command-Line management
This a control panel software that has three different levels. Each of these different levels provides a certain amount of access to the user. The access levels are:
The features of these levels of
- Admin features include User and IP management, regular software upgrade, DNS administration, etc.
- For resellers, the main features are efficient management of user communication, account management, package administration and management, system information, etc.
- Users: file management, database management, regular site backup, email and FTP management, etc
This is a Windows web hosting control panel written in PHP. The zpanel is compatible with both Windows and Linux-based servers. Zpanel makes use of freely available software packages. Some of its outstanding features are:
- Easy to use and manage control panel
- Flexibility resulting from the use of open-end software
- Database management
- Email administration, etc.
H-sphere is used for both Linux and Windows-based server systems. It is highly scalable and provides the user with some advanced options. For instance; the h-sphere can work on multiple servers. It can also be improved by adding more features to it.
- More advanced options
- Great scalability
- Ability to work on multiple servers at the same time.
Vepp enables users to manage the WordPress website on VPS, Dedicated servers, etc. Vepp can be used by anyone notwithstanding whether they are IT professionals or not. Its range of users includes but is not limited to digital marketers, content managers, site owners, etc. The main features of Vepp as a web hosting control panel software include:
- Vepp is super-fast and easy to use. The user doesn't have to spend hours upon hours on configuration before the system is good to go.
- It has a very user-friendly interface that carries out tasks in seconds.
- Vepp ensures the safety and security of the site.
- Regular and automatic backups.
- Regular scans and encryption with an authentic SSL certificate.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR WEB HOSTING CONTROL PANEL
It is important to understand that the control panel you use is dependent on your hosting account.
- For your Linux hosting accounts, cPanel is best suited for your site. To log in to your cPanel, do the following.
- Type the cPanel address in your browser e.g https://www . domainName . com or you can use http://cpanel . domainName . com
- When this is done, the cPanel login page loads. You will be required to enter your username and password
- Click on Log in. The cPanel desktop screen appears
- To log out after you are done, simply take your cursor to the top-right corner and click Logout.
- For your Linux unmanaged accounts, SolusVM cPanel is a good choice. To access SolusVM cPanel, login to the customer portal.
- Select SERVICES and click on My Services.
- Locate your unmanaged VPS account and click on manage.
- Click on login to Control Panel on the Actions bar.
Another method is to log in directly through your browser.
- For your Windows hosting account, Plesk control is the best option for you. To access your Plesk control panel directly, type the Plesk address in your web browser. To log out, simply click on the down-pointing arrow beside your username. You will see the logout icon. Click on it.
HOSTING CONTROL PANELS AND HOSTING PLATFORMS OF 2021
If you desire premium performance for your website, here are the control panel hosting providers you may want to consider:
- BLUEHOST: Bluehost tops the list of the best performing control panel hosting platforms. It prioritizes the user's experience above all else and is committed to delivering nothing but the best to its users. Bluehost enables the user to control access from the cPanel dashboard. This gives the user a kind of exclusivity of access to certain areas of his hosting account. This is very advantageous if the user is running multiple accounts.
- HOSTGATOR: Hostgator is another well-performing control panel hosting platform. It enables users to scale resources on-demand without any hassle. All the 12 hosting plans available on HostGator all come with a cPanel and each cPanel is up-to-date. It also provides users with a variety of free resources and tools to ensure he gets the best experience ever.
- INMOTION: Inmotion is currently the best cPanel hosting platform for small business owners. The cPanel provides fantastic management for your Linux-based server, your hosting plan notwithstanding. It has a user-friendly interface which makes it relatively easy to use. Inmotion control panel hosting also provides the user with a lot of freebies to enhance his experience.
- IPAGE: When you talk about cost-effectiveness and affordability concerning control panel hosting, ipage easily comes to mind. For a very low amount, iPage provides the user with a wide range of benefits such as unlimited disk space, free SSL certificate, broad bandwidth, etc. It also provides the user with an unlimited email addresses feature which enables the user to create as many email addresses as he desires. In addition to this tool, it also provides autoresponders and email forwarding features for professionals.
- A2 HOSTING: A2 hosting provides the fastest control panel web hosting. Since nobody likes drudgery or any form of slowness, A2 hosting is a good alternative for maximum speed and reliability in control panel hosting. it also provides excellent customer support. It uses Softaculous which ensures speedy installation of software. Also, auto-updates are done directly from the cPanel dashboard. It is thrilling to note that cPanels that come with A2 hosting plans are free.
Learn more :