With the Microsoft cloud server, you get a very flexible environment with easy scalability and high performance. Thanks to the many professionals at Microsoft, you will receive one of the best security in the business as well. This package also comes with a very important feature; disaster recovery. With this, if you are to suffer from loss of data due to some certain unavoidable disasters, Microsoft helps you recover all your lost data down to the state it was before the incident.
One amazing thing is that as Microsoft offers its cloud servers with all these benefits, it is still very cost-effective. It is very healthy for your budget. This means that you get to save more just from opting to use Microsoft cloud servers. Make the switch to the Microsoft cloud server today and get the best services available in cloud hosting.
What Is Microsoft Azure?
Many people have heard about Microsoft Azure. While some people are highly vast in knowledge about Microsoft Azure, others are relatively new to the concept. Azure was developed by Microsoft and first released in the first half of 2010 after the plans were first made in 2008. It is Microsoft's cloud computing platform. Cloud computing or cloud hosting is a type of web hosting offered by most web hosting providers where resources are available on multiple servers, thereby facilitating the ease with which one can retrieve them. A third party is relied upon for the easy management of their data and resources. The essential element in cloud hosting and where it gets its name from is the ‘cloud’.
The cloud is relatively popular these days, most people have a faint idea of what it is, how it works, and how it operates with each person giving you at least, a languid description of the concept in terms of definition. Although most people use the cloud, they are still not properly acquainted with the concept. The cloud in an actual sense is simply a storage space for data, as such, the individual website admins and businesses depend on the cloud hosting provider for their data and resource management. Most cloud hosting providers offers the option of the public cloud which is a type of cloud service while others offer the private cloud and some offer both types of cloud services – the private and public clouds. A private cloud is an exclusive cloud designed for businesses that do not feel their resources are safe on the public cloud with other users. The public cloud (one offered by most cloud hosting providers) is directly available to all users. Unlike the private cloud that has resources exclusive to only one person, the resources in the public cloud are available to the public hence the name.
Certain services such as the software-as-a-service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), and Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) are services that are embedded in the public cloud and are readily available to the user. Infrastructure-as-a-service bypasses the drawbacks of having physical infrastructure. One doesn't need to worry about what might go wrong in terms of disadvantages in having physical infrastructure. The servers connected to the cloud readily make the infrastructures available and also allocating storage. Platform-as-a-service is mainly created for the developers as it provides a platform for the building, testing, running, managing of applications, with the operating systems being managed by the cloud hosting provider. The most popular type of public cloud hosting service – software-as-a-service (SaaS) has the cloud hosting provider completely managing the data center, networking, etc. In other words, the cloud hosting provider manages every aspect of the SaaS. The user can easily access tools such as storage or email with a web browser with no need to learn how to build or develop them.
Having understood the concept of cloud hosting service, one can understand what it means by Microsoft Azure is Microsoft's cloud hosting platform. Microsoft Azure is a public cloud offered by Microsoft hence it comes with all the services and benefits offered by such cloud. Azure aside from offering the software-as-a-service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), and Platform-as-a-service (PaaS), also offers the serverless type of cloud service. This doesn’t mean Azure eliminates the use of servers, instead, it provides options to use the service offered without the need for worrying about the management of the said servers and the resources needed for computing.
One prominent feature of Microsoft Azure is its service payment. Microsoft Azure offers the option to pay for only the services used and the services needed, hence, bills are only given to services used during that month much like an electricity bill paid to Electricity Company based on the usage of the electricity that month. The same method is applied here, as such, users don’t need to pay for services that they are not using.
Microsoft Azure also offers support plans with different features which may be present or absent depending on the type of plan you opt for. The plans range from basic to professional direct, with professional direct charging the most, to begin with, however, having the most features such as third party software support, all-day round access to technical support through various means as well as support APIs, proactive guidance from ProDirect delivery managers, etc.
The services offered by Microsoft Azure are numerous, these services differ from those offered by the public cloud in general as in the case of other cloud hosting companies and some are the public cloud services in addition to others included or added to the types of services offered. Some of the services offered by them include computer services, mobile services, storage services, analytics, identity, media services, and content delivery network (CDN), internet of things (IoT), messaging, etc.
The computer service allows for the users to effectively manage virtual machines as well as run services for the management of sites and background processing implementation. In the mobile service, the developers can build, test and deploy apps for the mobile also making push notifications available to the user via mobile. Microsoft Azure also provides an interface for the easy storage of data as well as easy access or retrieval. Identity or consumer identity is a form of encryption or firewall, it allows only permitted users or consumers to access services offered by Microsoft Azure. Media services and content delivery networks (CDN) are services offered for the protection of digital rights as well as streaming. Services such as the Azure IoT Edge, Azure IoT Central, and Azure IoT hub allow for the connecting, capturing, and analytics of the data from the IoT. The messaging service simply just allows for the devices connected to the cloud hosting service to be able to communicate with Azure, giving a link between the two. Other services such as security (the encryption and protection of resources on the cloud, this includes firewalls and SSL certificates), databases, developer, the AI for azure, etc. are also unique services offered by Azure.
What Are The Benefits Of Microsoft Azure?
Azure has quickly grown to become one of the largest cloud hosting providers and certainly one of the fastest-growing with millions of customers.One thing certain about Azure’s meteoric rise is its benefits.
- Security: With a team of professionals and hosted by Microsoft, Azure certainly knows the importance of security. Providing complete protection of the cloud networks as well as the identity service that prevents unauthorized cloud access by unknown users, coupled with their multi-factor authentication, one’s data is guaranteed to be secure when using Microsoft Azure.
- Disaster recovery: Recovery of data is very important as certain mishaps may occur which can cause one to lose their data. Microsoft Azure is equipped with a sophisticated state-of-the-art recovery ability also allowing one to run your data on a back-up site during periods of data recovery.
- Cost-effective: As mentioned earlier, the option of pay-as-you-go is available for users using Microsoft Azure. It simply bills one for the particular service used during the month and not for anything else. An example is light billing, where your bill is calculated based on the quantity of electricity used that month and not a standard payment disregarding if one didn’t use the electricity or not. With the pay-as-you-go method, Microsoft Azure offers a cost-effective type of cloud hosting. Also, azure accounts for automatic maintenance, as such one does not need to hire an IT expert to handle it.
- Easy Scalability: Microsoft Azure gives you the option to increase or decrease your resources with ease. As your business gets bigger and more traffic is driven to your website, you can easily add the resources since this is counted or billed based on the resources you use. Also, when there is a huge increase in traffic to your website, most cloud hosting companies cannot handle it with the basic plans you might have chosen but with Microsoft Azure, the multiple servers can easily compensate for the traffic burst with one adding resources also when this happens.
- Availability: Microsoft Azure is the fastest-growing cloud hosting platform out there and one of the biggest in terms of consumer use. One doesn't need to worry about its availability as it has a massive global presence with data centers present on a global scale.
- Flexibility: Microsoft Azure is available for any type of business be it small or large and can easily adjust to the increase or reduction in traffic with its scaling up or down technology. Small scale business has the option to operate on a particular reduced budget buying the resources they need at that particular time as well as buying more easily when they are an increase in the website traffic and more resources are in turn demanded by the businesses.
Azure has quickly grown to become one of the largest cloud hosting providers in the world with most businesses opting for their service and it is no surprise since its benefits are numerous, being cost-effective, its scalability and flexibility to suit both large scale and small scale businesses without any problem.
What Is Azure Infrastructure As A Service?
If one is looking for solutions on Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), Azure can be the best way to start. Leading cloud hosting companies in this aspect, Azure infrastructure-as-a-service has come to the forefront in terms of must-have in cloud hosting. With Azure infrastructure-as-a-service, there is no need for the management of your storage, networking, or compute since such functions are effectively managed by Azure. With the Azure infrastructure-as-a-service, one does not need to worry about the drawbacks of having a physical server since there is an equivalent of your physical server stored in the cloud.
Having a global presence, Azure has a robust option to pick from in terms of picking data centers. One can choose a particular region to work from, a region closer to you and this is possible with Microsoft Azure having over 40 regions of collections of data centers around the globe. With the Azure IaaS, they are some added concept for customers opting for the service with Microsoft Azure such as storage, compute, networking as well as security.
Storage in Azure is divided into three important storage types in azure infrastructure-as-a-service; the file, disk, and blob. The file storage in Azure acts as conventional file storage having options like Azure site recovery for easy durability and protection of data. The Azure blobs can be made private or public, they have a reputation for their scalability where one can store little amounts of data such as documents and texts and finally, the disks. Azure offers the standard hard disk drive as well as the premium solid-state drives which most great web hosting platforms are opted with.
With compute, one can easily manage virtual machines or (VMs), you can also establish a resource group, one that can contain your storage and networking form factors. Giving one a private network, the networking in Azure becomes relatively easy since machines can easily communicate with one another. In terms of security, Azure gives you an easy way to verify if your security is intact and in place, one can also choose to turn on alerts for better management of security.
One cannot go wrong with Azure infrastructure-as-a-service, with its essentials and added services, it’s no surprise Microsoft Azure is at the forefront in terms of cloud computing as well as leading the way with IaaS.
Learn more :