While selecting a hosting option got your website, you chose the right one. Among the hosting options available today are the hybrid and dedicated server. While most people are aware of a dedicated server's basics, there is still great confusion about hybrid servers.
Often, the hybrid server is confused with the dedicated server. Allow us to tell you more about both hosting options and clear the confusion.
What is a Hybrid Server?
The web hosting industry has had to develop new initiatives, especially with the constant evolution of technology. One such initiative is the hybrid server. A hybrid server is a hosting platform that is a mix of both dedicated and VPS hosting. It is a powerful dedicated server with chunks partitioned for each server. The partitioning is made possible by the use of the same technology used by VPS hosting.
While the hybrid server doesn't differ much from the dedicated server, it is especially useful for advanced resource management and database. The advanced features users enjoy is largely because hybrid servers can fully split into smaller pieces to make more hybrid servers.
When to Use a Hybrid Server
Hybrid servers are a great choice for users looking to host their websites, manage their content, database, and e-commerce applications. It is particularly designed to suit hosting situations that require added flexibility of virtualization. Hybrid servers also work great for developing, staging, and testing servers, in addition to the ability to deploy servers at will.
If you're currently making use of a virtual private server but keep experiencing resource constraints, extra charges, or poor performance, it is time you considered moving to a hybrid server. The poor performance you are experiencing with your VPS server maybe because other clients are using up a lot of the server's resources. A hybrid server offers you a great option to host your website applications and e-commerce stores.
Pros of Hybrid Servers
Reduced Cost – Hybrid servers are less expensive than hybrid servers. The reduced cost is largely due to leasing a physical server, as is the case with dedicated server hosting. You can obtain hybrid servers stronger than the regular dedicated servers at an astonishingly cheap rate.
You may even choose to use to money you save to resolve more pressing issues your business faces.
- Better Performance and Flexibility – Nobody can argue over the fact that using a dedicated server confers on your website considerably better performance than shared hosting. Also, hybrid servers are known for the improved flexibility and functionality they offer, especially with the virtualization technology they employ.
- Initiate Expansion and Growth - A hybrid server can be split into many other hybrid servers. These chunks of hybrid servers are the reason for the increased stability and performance of clients' experience. Hybrid servers are scalable so effectively; you can scale up to advanced security measures, storage facilities, and higher uptime.
- Improved Performance - If your website handles high traffic volume, chances are that shared hosting won’t cut it.The shared server hosting is not built to handle high traffic, thus, it your performance is bound to be slow. However, dedicated servers offer you better speed and performance.
What is a Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server is a remote web hosting server that allows clients to access servers on lease. Each client gets a separate server replete with the needed resources. The client has total control over the entire server, including its operating system and the hardware.
Essentially, with a dedicated server, you gain more flexibility than shared hosting. It is especially valuable when you consider the improved reliability, speed, performance, uptime, memory, and storage.
When Can I Use a Dedicated Server?
We advise clients that require an isolated server environment with a physical server to choose dedicated servers. With it, all the physical server resources are at your disposal to do as you wish. The hosting environment is designed such that there is no layer of virtualization.
Dedicated servers are especially great for hosting long-term services where performance is of great importance. They are best suited for sites that value performance over flexibility and convenience offered by virtualization. Sites with critical database servers, high traffic, and those that require low latencies will thrive on a dedicated server.
Also, because dedicated server hosting platforms employ physical servers, they can be more easily scaled unlike virtualized hosting servers. There is no virtualization layer or host operating system standing between the bare metal and the client's applications.
What are the Pros of Using a Dedicated Server?
Individual Server for Every Client – Dedicated servers offers each client a separate server. You may not know this, but you gain flexibility and ease of optimization to suit your server's business needs. As a client under a dedicated hosting platform, you are allowed full storage rights, bandwidth, CPU, and RAM.
When you get a remote server for your use only, your hosting's performance automatically improves tenfold.
- Custom IP address - With your dedicated server, you no longer need to share an IP address with other users on the Shared server. One benefit of having your unique IP address is that your server stands a higher chance of being ranked better on search engines. Higher site ranking boost organic traffic and improves conversion rates.
What is the difference between a Hybrid Server and a Dedicated Server?
Now that we have gone through the basics of both hybrid and dedicated server hosting, we can safely deduce that there are not many differences between both. However, the real dilemma that many people face is distinguishing between the dedicated and hybrid server.
To help, we will set a few distinctions based on certain factors.
- Performance – A hybrid server is a unique blend of both the VPS server and dedicated server. The improved virtualization gives hybrid servers a heads upstart in the performance world of hosting servers.
- Reduced Cost – While dedicated servers can be a big drain on the income thanks to their use of a physical server, hybrid servers are relatively cheaper. The reduced cost is largely thanks to the use of virtualization.
- Better Resources – Each client under a hybrid hosting server is offered increased storage space, bandwidth, uptime, and speed. Besides, they get a remote server and increased CPU usage, all at a fair price.
- Server Divisions – The hybrid server hosting is essentially a giant dedicated server categorized into smaller hybrid servers. The division is made possible by virtualization. The server divisions are peculiar to hybrid servers and are thus the primary reason for its ability to handle extensive resources.
- Technology – As you have already gathered, dedicated servers are highly favored by clients that require an isolated server environment. Quite unlike hybrid servers, dedicated servers do not rely on virtualization techniques to function.
On the one hand, a dedicated server comprises a single server dedicated to one client only. There is no involvement, in any way, of other server users. All resources are allotted separately to each client with no resource limitations.
- Applications - Both dedicated and hybrid servers are great for sites that pull in a great deal of traffic. However, hybrid servers are regarded as better servers for hosting web applications, managing databases, CMS sites, and eCommerce platforms.
In summary, a hybrid server provides you with similar advantages that the dedicated server does. However, they come at a reduced cost with a much-virtualized environment that guarantees a great outcome.
Is There Another Alternative Hosting Server?
Yes. If you are not sold out on the server options we have proffered above; you can check out VPS servers. VPS site hosting is a cluster of numerous virtualized servers that are connected to a central server. Users can access the servers from anywhere and at any time, provided they have a strong internet connection. You can gain access to Turbo VPS via on-demand or monthly subscription fee models.
Features like shared hosting or dedicated server hosting, disaster recovery or redundancy, etc., are popular with this service. Users' experience of internet-related products hinges on uptime, availability, and website loading speed. The customization, redundancy, scalability, and cost have become the deciding factor in your choice of a VPS cloud hosting service provide.
Whether you're a newbie in the website hosting world or an experienced programmer, Turbo VPS woos you. It is easy to set up and to use. At Turbo VPS, innovation is vital.
The proactive and personalized approach the company takes with managed hosting is quite the rave in the industry. All servers for Turbo VPS are hosted on top servers at the state of the art facilities all over Europe and the USA. The VPS is compatible with both Windows and Linux operating systems. It offers great services to users at reduced rates.
Why Should I Choose Turbo VPS?
There are a host of reasons we advise you to pick Turbo VPS. Let's take a look at some of these reasons.
- Full Root Access – With Turbo VPS, you get complete root access to your server. With this access, you can set up your server just as you like. Essentially, you get administrative privileges.
- High Server Uptime – Another advantage of Turbo VPS is the improved uptime it provides you with. The Datacenter and servers are all backed by network links and redundant power to provide 100% uptime.
- Ability to Accept Various Applications – Turbo VPS is designed to provide you with a server supporting various applications and software.
- Ease of Customization – Another advantage is that you get to customize your server exactly the way you want. You can select from the numerous features it offers like RAM, disk size,and CPU. Turbo VPS allows you to scale up your server resources such as storage space and bandwidth.
- Top-Notch Security – Turbo VPS Hosting service has great security features that protect you from bugs, virus attacks, DDoS, etc. Some even have features that warn you when your server is being attacked.
The managed virtual private servers are checked routinely by providers to ensure that they are functioning efficiently. The results of these routine checks are what give the providers the confidence to guarantee you high uptime of up to 100%.
- Multi-tasking – Turbo VPS servers offer you high-performance that allows you to attend to hundreds and even thousands of customers simultaneously. You can achieve this because the Turbo VPS server comes packed with optimal bandwidth. The ease at which you can multi-task means you experience great business activities, improved credibility, and generally great performance.
- Technical Support – With Turbo VPS, you are assured round the clock technical support when you run into any difficulty. The trained technical support team helps walk you through each challenge efficiently and with great speed.
- No Hidden Cost – All plans and what they cost you are outlined clearly. The strict policy of no hidden cost assures you that they will charge your bills fairly.
- Uplink Speed – Turbo VPS offers you a speed of 1000/10000 Mbps.
Does Turbo VPS Offer Satisfaction Guarantee?
Yes, Turbo VPS offers a satisfaction guarantee. This goes to prove just how sure they are of their VPSs efficacy.
If total control over your server and raw server power are your primary concerns, then a dedicated server would be the best choice for you. On the other hand, a hybrid server would be great if you were looking for something affordable that works a little like the VPS and dedicated server. If, however, you are looking for a VPS, then the Turbo VPS would most likely be a great choice for you. We have provided details on what you need to know about each hosting type. Use the information to make an informed decision.
Learn more :