VPS Hosting Bluehost
The chances that you have heard about VPS hosting Bluehost are very high if you need VPS hosting. The reason for this is due to the popularity of Bluehost VPS. It is one of the most widely used VPS hosting services on the web. In fact, over 2 million websites over the world use it. If this number of people uses this VPS hosting, there must be something worth noticing about it.
It is certain that it has certain features that are appealing to these people that are making them use it. This post will explore these features to give you reasons to join the long list of happy users. It will also discuss how you can make the process of transferring from shared hosting to VPS seamless. You will also learn about the technical skills you need to manage this VPS hosting server.
What Technical Skills do I need to Manage Bluehost VPS Hosting Server?
There is no doubt that Bluehost VPS offers exciting features that makes it worth your time and money. It is a formally supported WordPress web hosting server that guarantees cost-effective, reliable web hosting services to companies. However, many people are skeptical about purchasing it because they are wary of the technical requirement to manage it.
The fact that Bluehost is totally supported by the complimentary WordPress themes and templates makes it fantastic for both beginners and experts. If you are a novice, it is in your best interest to start with complimentary design templates and styles without getting worried about paying for them. You can make any required modifications or upgrade the design templates for your new site after learning how to handle the website.
Bluehost VPS hosting server does not require that you pay a lot of money on domain name registration, website design, and other aspects of the website’s upkeep. You can set up your new website in only a matter of minutes with this platform. It does not require you to understand how to establish complex website features.
It is so simple and easy that even a person who has limited knowledge of HTML can start a new adventure in no time. Indeed, Bluehost does not have all the options and functions of its competitors. However, it offers a fantastic user experience that matches any reputable web host. Beginners and knowledgeable users can be confident that they will enjoy the perks of using a user-friendly platform by using the Bluehost VPS hosting server.
The only knowledge you must possess is how you can set up on the server with the software. You will also need to know how to set up any plug-ins developed by your preferred developer to make your website look as professional as possible. So, we can conclude by saying that you only require basic knowledge of web hosting to use our platform to host your website.
Bluehost How to Transfer from Shared Hosting to VPS
If you are no conversant with how you can transfer accounts to the dedicated server, you are not alone. There are various ways the Web Host Manager (WHM) helps in this regard. WHM, alongside the cPanel, helps you in the management of the domains and accounts on your server. Therefore, you will have access to various administrative tasks and shortcuts.
There are two major ways the WHM helps to transfer your account from shared hosting to VPS. The first is a single account transfer, while the second is a multiple or single accounts transfer. We will explore each one and the steps you should follow to succeed in both processes.
Transferring a Single Account
It is not every time that you will want to transfer multiple accounts. There might be times when you only need to copy a single account. The procedure is not the same as when you need to transfer multiple accounts. Follow the steps below to move the content of a single account to A VPS server:
- Log in to the Web Host Manager
- Click on the “Transfers” button.
- Note the “Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password” button. Click on it.
- The next step is filling out the required fields. They include Domain Name, User to Copy, Server to Copy From (IP or FQDN), and User’s Password. Note that you would have to tick the box before the “Give new account an IP address” button if you want to assign the account a dedicated IP.
- Check the “Permit fallback” box.
- Complete the process by clicking “Copy Account.”
After completing the process, it will be listed as successful. However, you can still change any detail, such as the password or username, in case you have reasons to do so later.
Multiple Accounts Transfer
It is a different ball game entirely when you want to transfer multiple accounts from a shared host to VPS hosting. You will require root access to be able to complete this process. When it comes to dedicated servers, root access is an administrator-level log-on that gives you the ability to take complete control of your server. Follow the steps below to transfer multiple packages and accounts from another server to VPS hosting:
- Log in to the Web Host Manager
- Visit the “Transfer” section
- Find the “Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server” button and click on it. Note that this one needs root access, unlike the previous one.
- You will be required to enter Remote Server Information such as Remote Server Type, Remote Server Address, and Remote SSH port. You will also have to check the SSH connection to test your ability to connect to the remote server. Use SSL to encrypt the transmitted data, and don’t compress transfers to avoid using more CPU from the source server. You will also need incremental backups speed-up to reduce the amount of time required to package the account on the source server. WHM will use the daily incremental backup if it is available as a starting point. A customized script is needed. So, check to override the usual transfer process.
- Input the authentication information. It includes the following:
- Login – Choose the login method you prefer. You can either choose Root or User. If Root is your choice, you will be required to input the root password in the Root Password field. However, if you select User, you will be required to enter the remote account's username and password.
- Method of Authentication – Choose the connection method. If you are a root user and you choose Password, you will have to also select Root Escalation Method. However, if you pick Public Key, it might be required that you supply an SSH Key Password.
- Root Escalation Method – This is only required for User login.
- Root Password – Input the root password for your Bluehost VPS account.
- Use FTP to Transfer – This is needed to use FTP as the alternative for transfer.
- To display a list of accounts to copy, click Fetch Account list.
- Choose an account of the accounts you intend to copy. Select the packages utilized by the account from which you are going to migrate.
- End the process by clicking Copy.
How to Host Two Different Websites on Bluehost VPS Hosting
Many shared hosting providers and beginning to join the new trend – unlimited web hosting. Being able to host different websites on Bluehost VPS hosting ensures that you will spend less on hosting. Unknown to many people, it is actually easy to manage multiple websites in one hosting control panel. With Bluehost VPS, you don’t have to worry about transfer limits and disk space. Our upgraded system ensures that the need of every customer is met, thanks to our proactive approach to solving our clients’ problems.
Bluehost VPS allows you to add a second or more domain through our web hosting control panel called cPanel. This control panel ensures that you can add multiple domains and websites to one low-cost hosting account with us. Interestingly, you will not have to pay any additional hosting fee to enjoy this feature. Fantastic, isn’t it? How can you achieve that? It requires following a trusted procedure that has helped many people to obtain a favorable result.
Follow the steps below to add extra domains to Bluehost without stress:
Add your Primary Domain
You cannot use Bluehost VPS hosting unless you have an account with us. Therefore, the first thing you need to do before using multiple websites on a host is to open a hosting account with Bluehost. Once you have done that, add your primary domain. Register it with Bluehost or include it from a third party registrar.
Point the Domain Name Server
Point your domain Name server to the Bluehost name server so that you will be able to add the domain as a new add-on domain. Generally, this is a simple process. However, there are situations where people encounter some challenges along the way. If that is the case for you, contact your domain registrar to get the needed help and support.
Log in to Bluehost Hosting Panel
To assign and add new domains to your Bluehost account, log in to your Bluehost hosting panel.
Assign the Domain
You will see “Domains” at the top. Click on the button. Then click on “Assign.” From there, you will see the clear workflow you need to add an add-on domain to your account. Another option is to navigate to the cPanel. Then scroll down to the domain management section, where you will see the “Assign Domains” option.
Enter the Domain Name
Input your choice domain name in the “Enter Domain” section without the “www” prefix.
It is crucial to verify domain ownership before including it to Bluehost to avoid future issues. Bluehost will help in this regard by checking the Name server automatically. You will be given alternatives to verify the ownership of the domain if your domain name is still not pointing to Bluehost Name Server.
Choose Host Option
You have the option of either host your new domain as a parked domain or an add-on domain on Bluehost. Choose parked domain if you prefer your additional domain to point to the primary website of your Bluehost account. However, since you want multiple hosting, choose the add-on domain option.
Choose a Directory
Create a new directory on the server or choose an existing directory for your new domain. This is where your website files and pages will be stored. Ensure that this folder was specifically created previously for the new website if you are using an existing directory.
Complete the Process
Finalize the process by clicking the “Assign this domain” button to add the new website to the Bluehost control panel and confirm. To add unlimited domains, repeat the steps above and add different websites on one hosting account.
It is not a coincidence that more than two million people around the world are using Bluehost VPS. It is evident that they have more than enough reasons to choose this VPS hosting. As we have seen, one of the reasons many people find it exciting to use this VPS is its versatility and ability to meet different needs. It is suitable for both beginners and experts. Besides, it provides VPS ranging from virtual to shared, to dedicated, and so on.
More so, we offer our users dedicated server hardware components and resources supported by SSD storage. Remember that you can host multiple websites on our VPS hosting without incurring extra costs. Take advantage of this feature as an individual group who desires to have different websites for various purposes. Bluehost is making things easier, especially for small and medium businesses. Leverage our smart options to take your company to the next level.
Learn more :