Unlike the two other kinds of hosting, Virtual Private Server hosting (VPS) is not selective about the size of the websites. It can be used to host just about any size of the website. However, choosing the right VPS for you may pose a challenge as there are so many VPS hosting service providers in the market. A vital key however is the ability to know exactly what you want for your website and also, putting into consideration your budget. Below are the top best virtual hosting service providers you may want to consider.
TOP 9 BEST VIRTUAL HOSTING
Virtual Private Server hosting is the next step or option to consider when you are planning to step up from a shared hosting plan. The major reason for these upgrades is that your website has outgrown the hosting plan you are using. Thus, an upgrade becomes necessary. Shared hosting is indeed cheaper than VPS hosting however, it is not the best solution if your business is experiencing rapid growth and massive traffic.
Although you still have to share a single server in VPS hosting, the difference is that you get to share it with fewer websites.
VIRTUAL SERVERS AND OTHER HOSTING SERVERS
If your website is a new one, your business is not yet experiencing growth spurts and there isn’t much traffic on your site, shared hosting is the best option as you work on growing your business. There will be no need for exclusive servers as this will amount to a waste of resources.
On the other end, if you desire to control and customization of your server and you are sure of at least 100, 000 visitors every month then, dedicated hosting is the best option for you.
As for VPS hosting, it is an intermediate solution between shared and dedicated hosting. So, if you are somewhere in the middle and you cannot exactly decide whether it is shared hosting or dedicated hosting that caters to the needs of your website, you may want to consider virtual private hosting.
Finding the best virtual hosting plan for you can be a grueling task as there are a lot of hosting service providers in the market.Taking the time to research and read up on every single one of them is not easier either. However, with the guide below, you can rest assured of taking the right decision.
TOP 9 BEST VIRTUAL HOSTING SERVERS
Bluehost is a top service hosting provider.It is widely known for its flexibility. Their virtual private server plans offer a wide range of hosting options to ensure that the hosting needs of various websites are factored in. The virtual servers have both flexibility and power in their arsenal. This is the major reason while Bluehost tops the charts among many other service providers. Their flexibility allows users to add more space whenever they wish.
Bluehost is the best choice for websites that needs flexibility and scalability at a short notice. Again, if you desire zero downtime for your site, Bluehost is your best bet. You will be able to manage all these from your advanced cpanel.
BLUEHOST’S PLANS AND PRICING
- Standard VPS
- Pricing: $19.99/month
- Features: 2 CPU cores, 30 GB of SSD, 2GB of RAM, 1TB of bandwidth
- Enhanced VPS
- Pricing: $29.99/month
- Features: 2 CPU cores, 60 GB of SSD, 4GB of RAM, 2TB of bandwidth
- Premium VPS
- Pricing: $49.99/month
- Features: 3 CPU cores, 90 GB of SSD, 6GB of RAM, 2TB of bandwidth
- Ultimate VPS
- Pricing: $59.99/month
- Features: 4 CPU cores, 120 GB of SSD, 8GB of RAM, 3TB of bandwidth
From the pricing, it is easy to observe that that Bluehost takes the interest of different kinds of websites into consideration and in doing so, provides a suitable plan for them. It is important to note that the above-listed prices are Bluehost's promotional prices. The usual prices for the standard, enhanced, premium and ultimate plan are $29.99, $59.99, $89.99, and $119.99 respectively.
Bluehost provides users with the following features:
- Enough resources
- Excellent uptime
- 24/7 support and assistance
- 30 days refund guarantee
Hostinger gives you the best value for your money. Although they have no dedicated hosting service, their VPS hosting is one of the best out there. Your website will experience improved performance and speed. Thus, if you are looking to get value for every single dollar spent on hosting then, Hostinger should be your first point of call.
HOSTING PLANS AND PRICING
- 1 vCPU
- Pricing: $3.95/month
- Features: 1core, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD Storage, 1TB Bandwith.
- 2 vCPU
- Pricing: $8.95/month
- Features: 2 cores, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD Storage, 2TB Bandwidth.
- 3 vCPU
- Pricing: $12.95/month
- Features: 3 cores, 3 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD Storage, 3 TB Bandwigth.
- 4 Vcpu
- Pricing: $15.95/month
- Features:4 cores, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD Storage, 4 TB Bandwidth.
- 6 Vcpu
- Pricing: 523.95/MONTH
- Features: 6 cores, 6 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD Storage, 8 TB bandwidth.
- 8 Vcpu
- Pricing: $29.95/month
- Features: 8 cores, 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD Storage, 8 TB Bandwidth.
Hostgator is best known for the affordability of its hosting services. Their web managers are a crop of skilled and experienced professionals. If you desire better control of the technical aspect of your server, Hostgator is the host for you.
HOSTGATOR PLANS AND PRICING
- Snappy 2000
- Pricing: $29.95/month
- Features:2GB RAM, 2CPU cores, 120 GB of disk space, 1.5 TB of Bandwidth.
- Snappy 4000
- Pricing: $39.95/month
- Features: 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 165 GB of disk space, 2 TB of bandwidth.
- Snappy 8000
- Pricing: $49.95/month
- Features: 8 GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, 240 GB of disk space, 3 TB of bandwidth.
A2 HOSTING gives you the fastest ever hosting experience. Besides, they have both managed and unmanaged plans. It is the best option for developers in need of root access and complete control and customization of their server.
A2 VPS PLANS AND PRICING
- UNMANAGED PLANS
- Basic plan: $5/month
- Intermediate plan: $10/month
- Advanced plan: $15/month
Features: you can configure your server to suit your needs for memory, CPU, disk space, and bandwidth.
- MANAGED VPS AND CORE PLANS
- Power: $25/month
- Prestige: $35/month
- Pinnacle: $50/month
IPAGE stands out for its long years of experience in hosting. its combination of quality and cost-effectiveness easily makes it one of the best.
IPAGE PLANS AND PRICING
- Basic VPS
- Pricing:starting price of $19.99 although it renews at $24.99
- Features: 1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB of disk space, 1 TB of bandwidth.
- Business VPS
- Pricing: $47.99/month although it renews at $59.49
- Features: 2 CPU cores, 4 GB RAM, 90 GB of disk space, 3 TB of bandwidth.
- Optimum VPS
- Pricing: starting price of $79.99/month although it renews at $99.99
- Features: 4 CPU cores, 8 GB RAM, 120 GB of disk space, 4 TB of bandwidth.
Hostpapa is the best host for your business and enterprises. Hostpapa plans are designed for eCommerce and they provide the needed security for online stores. Its features are extremely fast and easy to use. They pose absolutely no challenges for beginners. If you are looking to build a web-based app, HostPapa should be at the top of your options. It provides great scalability for a medium-tech outfit that is looking to become an international brand shortly.
HOSTPAPA PLANS AND PRICING
- Hostpapa plus
- Pricing: $19.99 as starting price
- Features: 4 core CPU, 1.5 GB memory, 50 GB SSD Storage, 1TB transfer
- Hostpapa Pro
- Pricing: $39.99 as starting price
- Features: 4 core CPU, 3GB memory, 100 GB SSD storage, 2 TB transfer.
- Hostpapa Premium
- Pricing: $109.99 as starting price
- Features: 8 core CPU, 6 GB memory, 200GB SSD storage, 2TB transfer.
- Hostpapa Ultra
- Pricing: $149.99 as starting price
- Features: 8 core CPU, 12GB memory, 500GB SSD storage, 4TB transfer.
- Hostpapa Extreme
- Pricing: $249.99 as starting price
Liquid web offers you the best VPS fully managed plans, with enhanced memory and storage. The liquid web has no unique names for its plans.
LIQUID WEB PLANS AND PRICING
- 2GB RAM - $29/month
- 4GB RAM - $49/ month
- 8GB RAM - $69/month
- 16 GB RAM - $129/month
Provides instant scalability and offers cloud-based virtual server solutions.
Pricing: Kamatera prices start at $4
Inmotion’s singular specialty is VPS hosting. Whatever your position is and in whatever stage your business is in, Inmotion offers you awesome virtual hosting. inmotion has three traditional VPS hosting and three cloud VPS hosting.
INMOTION PLANS AND PRICING
- Inmotion Managed VPS Hosting
- VPS-1000HA-S - $22.99/month starting price
- VPS-2000HA-S - $34.99/month starting price
- VPS-3000HA-S - $54.99/month starting price
- Features: unlimited features and resource monitoring
HOW TO CREATE YOUR WEBSITE WITH VPS HOSTING
Following these few steps, you can create your website using VPS.
- Purchase a VPS hosting plan from any of the above hosting providers
- Get connected to the remote server: This is the second step to be taken after you have purchased a VPS Plan. You should take note of the login information given to you.
- Update the system: You need to update your system’s packages since you would be installing PHP and Apache. This will be done using the apt-get or the yum commands to update your system depending on which Linux distribution your server is using.
- Configure your apache. Simply copy all files in the default category. For hosting multiple websites, you will need to create a new directory in the home folder. Set permissions for the new directory.
- Ensure that the apache becomes operational immediately after the machine starts. Then, point the DNS record to your server's IP address.
- Configure MySQL. Startup the MySQL server and set a password for the root user. Then, create the database and grant all necessary permissions.
- Upload all your website files with SSH file transfer protocol.
Then, use the ssh command thus; ssh (username)@IP. Then, enter your password.
Ensure you follow all the steps. When your website starts running, you can configure and customize it to your taste.
FULLY MANAGED SSD AND CLOUD VPS
VPS is one of the best platforms for hosting sites of all sizes. A fully managed VPS is the opposite of a self-managed VPS. In fully managed VPS, every aspect of server management and maintenance is done by the service provider. The client does nothing on his own. The latest updates and server networks are all taken care of by a professional whose specialty is server management.
SSD VPS HOSTING
SSD VPS hosting simply means a solid-state disk VPS. Here, the service provider uses an SSD disk instead of the traditional hard disk. The advantages of SSD include the following:
- SSDs are highly reliable and effective.
- They are super fast and performance is enhanced through the use of flash memory to store data.
- SSD VPS hosting enhances your Google page ranking by improving the loading speed of your web pages.
CLOUD VPS HOSTING simply means a network of remote servers on the internet which are in the form of a virtualized collection of web resources that are stored on various servers with the virtualization technology. Cloud hosting makes for better scalability, flexibility, and speed. Cloud VPS is based on KVM, Linux's kernel-based virtual machine. With cloud VPS hosting, you pay for what you use only.
BENEFITS OF A FULLY MANAGED VPS
- Regular updates
- Adequate system monitoring
- Backup and easy restoration
- Server maintenance
- Tight security
- 24/7 customer support and assistance