Everybody wants to create and build a successful business that is plausible. But not everyone is enlightened enough to know what it takes to build a successful business in a time like this. Some that know what it takes are not enlightened enough to understand that an individual does not have to break his or her bank just because they want to build a huge and successful business.
Yes, money is required to build a business but, having the right knowledge of the cloud would be of more advantage to the client in question.
As businesses grow, there is a need for expansion due to frequent downtime of a web application or website in general. People are seeing the need to get more servers by migrating to the cloud by choosing to make use of a VPS or virtual private server for their hosting plans. There are more than a million and one reasons why a person should migrate to the cloud. We will be learning about those reasons and how simple it can be to migrate from on-premise to the cloud through the Bluehost hosting platform.
What Is VPS Hosting?
Before we dive right in, let’s learn about what a VPS is and what it means to host a VPS. We will break down the definitions into their words that are virtual, private, server, and hosting.
What does virtual mean: A state of existing in reality but not physically present. In this context, something that was crafted through a computer to mimic an object in reality.
What does private mean: Something that is not subject to the entire public. An entity or piece of information owned or known by one person or by a specific group of people.
What does a server mean? A server is a person that performs or carry’s out specific services or duties at any point in time. In this context, we can say that a server is a computer device that offers relevant information to other devices either through a local area network (LAN) or through a wireless area network (WAN) so a task can be carried out or completed.
What does hosting mean?
It is a space or allocated space to house various things for storage that can be easily accessed over the internet.
What is a VPS?
A VPS is a form of server that is created by computer software to have the exact characteristics and features of a real server, and can works efficiently as though it is an independent server. A VPS is created with the help of virtualization software, also known as a hypervisor.
For the newbies who are wondering what virtualization software or a hypervisor is: it is a type of computer software, firmware, or hardware that creates and runs a virtual machine. It works in a way that enables and allows one computer to share its resources with multiple guests, and the resources will be used simultaneously.
Hence, after learning about their individual meaning, we can deduce that a VPS or virtual private server hosting is a server environment in a physical server that has been created and provided by a hosting platform for a client to host their website while they are sharing the resources. Blue host is one of the top platforms that make servers available with SSD or solid-state drive storage built in it. Having learned about the key terms of a VPS, how they work, and one of the best hosting platforms, let’s dive right in.
What technical skills do I need to manage the Bluehost VPS hosting server?
First of all, you don't need any technical skill to manage the Bluehost VPS hosting server because they are the ones taking care of the physical infrastructure and its maintenance for you. But if by coincidence you are sharing a server with a bad user, they can threaten your security if your firewall is not strong enough.
However, few technical skills come in handy when the user chooses an unmanaged hosting plan. When a user wants hands-on experience or due to the budget, decides to manage their VPS by themselves, they usually opt-in for unmanaged VPS hosting. First of all, unmanaged VPS hosting is not difficult; all the user needs are some technical knowledge and skill as stated above. Skills like: how to install the various software’s that would work with the desired operating system, operating the control panel, configuration, improving the security level, using of other tools to improve the efficiency of the user’s website et cetera.
Using a VPS gives users unrestricted access to their space, which means they are also responsible for updating the software they are using and everything that comes with it. In this case, blue hosting would only be responsible for the security of the physical server while the client has the sole responsibility of whatever happens in their VPS. The Bluehost hosting platform would only provide the features such as the storage, RAM or random-access memory, CPU amongst others that come with their desired hosting plan and ensuring that there is no downtime of the server.
If the client does not want to go through so much stress or they want to focus solely on their business, they would opt-in for the managed plan which would attract a little more cost in addition to their desired hosting plan.
Blue host how to transfer from VPS to shared hosting
Is the price of VPS becoming too much for you since your website is not utilizing the resources because traffics is not coming as it used to? Then, transferring from VPS to shared hosting will be the advisable thing to do because you would not want to put your website down. The relevance of your business is still needed just that not a lot of people need it. Shortly, you will learn about how you can switch from VPS to shared hosting with all of the data that you have in store.
Bluehost shared hosting is the perfect cloud platform for small businesses, though the user would now get to shared resources with other unknown users on the same server. The following includes the steps to be taken when transferring from VPS to shared hosting.
- The first thing the user needs to do is purchase or sign up for a shared hosting package. One good thing about shared hosting aside from the pricing is that it is fully managed by the Bluehost platform, so the user does not have to worry about managing their websites and they don’t have to pay extra for it to be managed by blue host.
- Sort out your database thoroughly, and don't just choose any plans; Make sure the plans you choose correlates or meets up with the standard of the previous resources, especially the database.
- Export the data of your website and download the files.
- Go to your new plan in the Bluehost dashboard and import the various files that you downloaded.
When a user purchases any shared hosting plan in Bluehost, the plan always comes with an SSL or secure socket layer, domain name, amongst others.
Your domain name and IP address will be redirected to your new website space. The other technicalities will be done by Bluehost.
How to host two different websites on Bluehost VPS hosting
Before we dive in, let's learn a little about the Bluehost hosting platform. First of all, virtual hosting gives room for hosting multiple websites hosting using one VPS server. Thus far, there is no limit to the number of hosting that can be done using a VPS; we can say that virtual hosting is unlimited to a degree.
Bluehost allows users to manage many websites that are different from each other because gives their clients the access to host unlimited domains in their accounts. That's why the former is possible. Having learned the unlimited hosting of a domain name that is offered by Bluehost, let's dive right in on how the user can host websites in addition to the current website they are hosting. The following includes the step to take when adding a second website in Bluehost.
- As a user or client, sign in to your account and login into your Bluehost hosting panel.
- You'll see a domain icon at the top click on it.
- Then it drops down, click on assign from the sub-menu.
- Then choose if want to assign a new domain name or you prefer the one that is linked to your account already.
- In the enter domain section, type your domain name.
- If you assigned a new domain, verification would be required.
- As stated above, a series of verification processes would be required of you to make sure you are the owner of the account.
- When the verification process is complete, choose the addon domain option that would show up.
- Choose a subdomain
- Then click on the assign new domain option at the bottom of the page.
- Then set a directory for the new domain name.
- As soon as the process is completed, you would see the domain name listed in the domain manager tab on the page.
As soon as these steps are completed, the user can now host another website in addition to the one that was running.
Advantages of VPS hosting Bluehost and their pricing
Having discussed and learned about what VPS hosting is; what Bluehost hosting platform is, the skills that are required in managing a VPS and when the skills are needed, and step by step instructions on how to host multiple websites, you would now learn about the various advantages of using Bluehost hosting platform and their pricing.
Aside from the offers that naturally comes in using a VPS, Bluehost offers some extra features such as;
- Their security update is automated.
- They offer 24/7 support.
- Your data protection and backup are guaranteed.
- All their plans come with a WordPress builder.
- They offer true design flexibility and boundless creativity.
- They made guide books available for both beginners and expert at every point it is needed.
- They offer a wide range of automated marketing tools.
- Each plan also comes with built-in SEO or search engine optimization tools.
- There is a free google my business profile that comes with each plan in the user's dashboard.
- Bluehost also offers a feature that tracks the visitors that comes to your website, their comments, and every other activity that is done or happening on the user's website.
- They have a user-friendly cPanel interface for beginners who are probably just hosting a website for the first time.
- Their security features are budget-friendly.
There are even much more features that are offered by Bluehost; the above are a few out of many.
They have four range of pricing plan which includes; the basic, plus, choice plus, and pro.
Basic: The basic is for those that need just one website. The client can purchase it for as low as 2.95$ per month currently. The normal price is 8.99$ per month.
Plus: For persons that want to run more than one website. The client can purchase it for as low as 5.45$ per month currently. It is usually 11.99$ per month.
Choice plus: It includes extra security features and privacy. It can be purchased for as low as 5.45$ per month currently. The standard price for this is 16.99$ per month.
Pro: It includes optimized web resources. It can be purchased for as low as 13.95$ per month currently. The regular price is 26.99$ per month.
The reason they became cheaper is that they are currently giving out discounts.
I would recommend Bluehost for millions of businesses out there, and I know you will too after going through their various offers and features. For newbies that are scared of making mistakes or choosing the wrong pricing plan, Bluehost got you covered all the way, and they are earnestly waiting for you with your questions answered on the go.
With Bluehost experts, millions of businesses out there have been built exceptionally and have grown effectively.
Lastly, if you have a website already you can also migrate to Bluehost with the help of their migration service which will assist the user in getting all the data and files transferred securely with nothing lost in the process of transfer.
Learn more :