VPS hosting is the rave of the moment in the world of website hosting, both the offshore and onshore hosting variants. In a world with government restrictions on web content, some users sought out offshore VPS hosts because of the freedom it offers them. Among the best offshore VPS hosting locations is Amsterdam.
Amsterdam is perfect as a VPS hosting location because it has low latency to most of Europe and can easily cover the major European cities. Let’s look at some Amsterdam VPS hosts and the benefits they provide you.
Dedicated, Shared, or VPS Hosting: Which Should I Choose?
Shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting are the most used web hosting platforms. Shared hosting is by far the cheapest of these options. In it, all the users share one server alongside its resources. At the beginning of your business, the resources provided by shared hosting are enough to go around without slowing your site down.
As we said, in the initial stages, the resources offered by shared hosting may seem to be all your site needs. However, as your business continues to grow, you’ll find that you need to move to a better hosting platform, dedicated server, perhaps. With dedicated server hosting, you won’t have to compete for server resources with other server users. It has infinitely more server resources than shared hosting. The catch, however, is that it is also much more expensive.
Now, if you want a great web hosting option with a decent amount of server resources to meet your sites’ needs and at an affordable price, you should look to VPS hosting. VPS hosting offers you well-allocated resources at mouthwatering prices. With it, you wouldn’t have to compete with the other sites sharing the server because the resources are well partitioned. Your VPS host may provide you with the option of an onshore or offshore web hosting platform.
Onshore and Offshore VPS Hosting
It is only fair that we begin with the basics of VPS onshore hosting before diving into hosting in Amsterdam (offshore hosting). Onshore hosting refers mainly to sites hosted on servers located within the United States. Servers within the US have to conform to the rules and regulations set by the state. These rules often restrict the language and content in general, you can put up on your site.
Offshore hosting, on the other hand, refers to servers located outside of the United States. Hosting your site with offshore VPS hosts gives you added flexibility and freedom over your web content. These offshore VPS hosts do not operate under the US’s rules, and most of them ignore the DMCA warning to pull your site offline. The offshore locations are scattered all over the globe, one prime location is Amsterdam.
About Amsterdam VPS Hosting
A lot of the VPS hosting companies in the Netherlands offer web owners the much-needed scalability. That means that with a hosting server in Amsterdam, you can start running your site with the barest minimum of resources and then increase the plan gradually so that it accommodates your growing needs.
Hosting your site on a virtual server located in the Netherlands offers you a lot more control over your server. The control is all thanks to the root access you are granted to your server.
How Much Does VPS Hosting Cost in Amsterdam?
Hosting your business site on a VPS in the Netherlands typically won’t cost you a fortune. With under $4 a month, you can enjoy all the juicy offers and features the server hosts have put in place. One great benefit of hosting in Amsterdam, apart from server resources availability, is the freedom to host any content on your website.
How Can I Choose a Great Amsterdam VPS Host for My Business Website?
Now that you have realized the need to move on from shared hosting to offshore VPS hosting, it is time to face the next biggest decision. Selecting an Amsterdam VPS host for your site is usually tough because there are many great VPS providers out there. Thus, there are several things you must take into consideration.
- High Server Uptime - One tip to help you select the best VPS in Amsterdam is to prioritize the server uptime. Go for a host in Amsterdam that offers you at least 98% server uptime. The essence of the uptime is so that your site doesn’t experience so much downtime. Frequent server downtimes cause your site valuable visibility and make it harder for users to find your site.
- Ease of Upscaling - Another thing to look at is the scalability. It is best to select a VPS host in Amsterdam that offers several plans that you can easily upscale. The upscaling features save you a lot of unnecessary additional costs in the long run.
- Improved Site Performance - Of course, the main purpose of hosting your server in Amsterdam is to enjoy improved site performance. That being said, you must lookout for a VPS located in Amsterdam that offers your site increased efficiency and performance.
- Root Access and Customization - Alongside the server performance, you must also prioritize the freedom to manipulate your server to your heart’s content. Most Dutch VPS plans allow you to enjoy root access over your server. With complete root access, you can add domains, applications, email accounts, and many other things you desire to tweak your server environment.
- Customer Support – Another tip we would like you to have is to examine the customer and technical support feature of each Dutch VPS. You must get the help you need swiftly from your VPS provider in times of server difficulties. It wouldn’t do to wait donkey years before your query is attended. Thus, it would be best to go for a Dutch server with round the clock customer support. Possibly one with live chat, email, ticketing system, and phone help features in place.
Dedicated Windows or Linux Dutch VPS Plans: Which Should I Pick?
There is one other thing you must know before you go head to select your Dutch VPS. The VPS plans can either run on a dedicated Linux operating system or a Windows OS. To make the correct decision concerning which you should choose, you must first understand what each of these VPS OS offers you. We will start with the dedicated Windows VPS plan.
❖Dedicated Windows VPS Hosting Plans
Windows VPS hosting is one of the most commonly used tools of VPS hosting in our business world today. It runs on the popular Windows operating system, which is familiar to most computer users. The familiarity coupled with the easy to use interface means that it is super easy for you to navigate your way around Windows VPS servers.
The major distinction between Windows-based VPS plan and Linux-based VPS packages is the easy to use graphic user interface. Without much technical expertise, you can use Windows VPS; this is part of the reasons we recommend it to newbies. The catch, however, is that Dutch hosting providers charge a little more for Windows VPS plans.
❖Dedicated Linux-based VPS Hosting
Linux-based VPS hosting works with Linux operating system and has a more challenging graphical user interface. It is best suited for tech gurus and people with the relevant knowledge of codes and how they work. The upside, however, is that it is way cheaper than the Windows VPS plans.
The Linux VPS plans are more suited to handle a great deal of traffic while providing you with the option of scaling up your resources. The easy scalability is especially beneficial as your business continues to grow, and the resource capabilities continue to expand. You get total root access; thus, you can configure and customize your Dutch server environment just the way you like it.
Cheap Dutch VPS Hosting Providers
You know what to look out for in a virtual private server located in Amsterdam; your next task will be narrowing your options down. To help, we have provided you with a list of some of the most affordable VPS plans in Amsterdam. Please don’t jump to the conclusion that because these plans are cheap, they must be thrash. Far from it, sometimes, good things can come cheap.
The Amsterdam VPS plans on our list have been selected to meet the category of being cheap yet reliable and packed with the relevant features. Let’s take a look at the list.
AbeloHost is a Dutch VPS provider that has managed to distinguish itself from all other virtual servers. It helps that all their services and plans are designed to fulfill their motto of giving users the best possible services at the lowest possible price”.They have been providing users with enviable hosting solutions since 2012, when they were founded.
They have discovered a way to keep the balance between affordable plans and quality services. Currently, they rank amongst the most affordable hosting provider in Dutch and are determined to remain so for a long time.
AbeloHost provides you with world-class security tactics, the latest technologies, and several customization options, all at an affordable cost. That’s not the best part; however, with AbeloHost, your site’s data is safe and secure from your home countries’ laws’ retributions. Besides, you get the privacy you very much desire without all of the regular site monitoring.
- The basic plan costs under $10 a month
- It offers you 1 GB RAM, 15 GB worth of disk space, and Unlimited Bandwidth.
- You get a dedicated IP address and 100 Mbps Uplink.
- You enjoy a 30 Days money-back guarantee.
- Instant server setup alongside round the clock customer support
- Complete root access and up to 99.9% server uptime
HostWinds VPS offers you a unique Cloud-based control panel that grants you full control over the virtual server. It allows you to upscale your resources and the VPS plan easily. Also, you enjoy an enviable server uptime and guaranteed high performance.
You enjoy improved security, all thanks to the firewall and other measures put in place. The firewall is established and enabled outside of the virtual private server. Other benefits include an improved capacity to handle a high volume of traffic.
You get to choose between the fully managed and self-managed virtual private server as you see fit. If you decide to host your site initially with an unmanaged server, you can upgrade it at any point to a fully managed server.
- As part of the server resources, you get a CPU Core 1 GB RAM, 30 GB worth of disk space
- 1 TB Bandwidth and 1 Gbps uplink
- 99.99% guaranteed server uptime.
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- $4.49 monthly subscription fee
- Free regular backups
Kamatera boasts of providing enterprise-grade hosting plans at super affordable rates. Their plans offer you a lot of features, scalability, and control over your server. With the root access granted to you, it is easy to customize your server as you see fit.
Advanced security measures in place protect your site from attacks by DDoS, malware, and other malicious elements. Regular server backups also help keep your site data safe. Of course, there’s the huge fact that the customer support team is always on standby.
- Starting price of $4 monthly
- The server resources include 1 CPU core, 20 GB worth of disk space and 1 GB of RAM
- HostWinds plans come with 5000 GB bandwidth
- The server makes use of an SSD for data storage
- You enjoy 1 Dedicated IP address, instant setup, and 30 days free trial
- Readily available round the clock customer support
- 10 Gbps uplink alongside 99.95% guaranteed server uptime
There are several offshore VPS locations to choose from, but Amsterdam ranks among our favorite. There is so much to love about it, from its flexibility to improved server performance and amazing uptime. The average virtual server in Amsterdam costs only $4 monthly; can you beat that? Find bonus tips on how to select a virtual server in Amsterdam that best suits your business needs.
Learn more :