Best Server Hosting Platform Available
One common area that gives people a pause when trying to choose a hosting server is which of the options available is best. There are shared hosting options, dedicated hosting, and VPS. To help you with this decision, we must tell you about each of these hosting options and the benefits they provide your business with.
A VPS is a website hosting platform that is akin to dedicated server hosting, howbeit with added advantages over the dedicated server. We will be analyzing the different web hosting platforms and tips for selecting the best.
What is VPS?
VPS refers to Virtual Private Server. As the name implies, this virtualized server mimics the workings of a dedicated server. It provides you with similar services, however, in an environment that is shared. Before choosing a VPS hosting provider for your website, you must fully comprehend the basic characteristics and features that differentiate it from other hosting options.
After careful consideration, you must be able to defend your choice to opt for a VPS hosting platform. To help assist you with this decision, we have provided some insightful facts you should know about VPS Hosting and dedicated server hosting.
How does a VPS Work?
To understand how a VPS operates, you will need to have a basic idea of what hosting is in general. Server hosting, in the simplest of terms, is a situation where an agreement is reached for the owner of the site to pay a certain amount to a hosting company. The payment is for access to store files and database on the host server.
There are numerous types of hosting. We will compare some of these host types soon. However, you need to know that a VPS is a viable medium for storing and accessing website properties. The hypervisor manages data and files of websites stored on the server.
The hypervisor apportions server space and power to each website. This way, the VPS gives your website its own space on the website; so you don’t have to struggle for power and memory space on the server.
Why Should You Use a VPS?
Now you have an idea of how a virtual private server works, you are probably thinking of switching to a VPS. We will give you several reasons to back your decision to upgrade to a virtual private server; keep reading.
A virtual private server helps increase your site’s performance and can be scaled up or down to suit your needs. It offers your site better protection and space allocation at a more affordable price than other hosting systems. It, however, works best in some situations.
How is VPS Beneficial to Businesses?
We have explained how a VPS works. Now, let us examine the benefits it offers you.
- Shorter loading time, which translates into increased conversions
- Better site performance
- Adequate resources for your website’s needs.
- Improved user experience
- A VPS is cost-effective; you can enjoy all the benefits of a dedicated server for a fair amount.
- Virtual Private Servers are as flexible as scalable; they can be altered to suit your needs.
Now that you understand the benefit of virtual private servers, the next question on your mind is most likely how to know when it is time to upgrade to a VPS. We have covered this in the next section of this article.
What Are the Distinctions between VPS and Dedicated Servers?
The term dedicated server is one used to refer to a physical machine that is solely dedicated to a client’s requirements. The dedicated server is composed of several virtual private servers that make use of virtualization technology. This setup is useful, especially for resource-intensive websites. It caters to the high storage and power capacity these websites require. However, the extra capacity will cost you significantly more.
The VPS, short for (Virtual Private Server) on the other hand, mimics the activities of a dedicated server and grants the user total root access. It can run a copy of the OS and efficiently utilizes the resources available.
Below are the major features that differentiate VPS from dedicated server hosting.
- Compartmentalization: Users of VPS will find the hosting extremely compartmentalized. This compartmentalization makes it possible to share resources without overlapping.
- Resource Allocation: Unlike other host systems, VPS users do not need to compete or struggle for host resources and power. Each VPS is allocated a certain amount of resources and power to operate with.
- Scalability: VPSs are very scalable. You can easily scale your VPS up or down to match your site’s growing needs. The same cannot be said of shared hosting.
- Customize Settings: VPS provides you with total control of your server. You can customize or set it to suit your needs.
Switching to VPS is all about improving your functionality and getting better resources.
When Should I upgrade to VPS?
When you realize that your site gets a high volume of traffic that cannot be managed by the shared host or dedicated server, it is time to upgrade to a VPS. With a VPS, you will still share a physical server with other users, but each site in the VPS is allocated a portion of the server and its resources. A Virtual Private Server provides you with higher power and better resource management. With it, you can handle a large influx of traffic effectively.
Here are a few other reasons that would warrant you to switch to VPS. Read through them and evaluate whether you need a VPS.
- When your website resources surpass the resource limit and architectural limit of your hosting platform.
- If you need custom applications or modules not supported by your current shared host.
- If your site needs root access for the server.
- If you require a virtual development environment to help you develop and test your software.
- When your site is responsible for handling sensitive information or processing financial transactions.
- You are new to the world of hosting and want to learn the basics of hosting.
We do not, however, advise you to switch to a VPS if:
- Your website has a low traffic influx.
What Are Some Things to Look Out For in a Virtual Private Server Hosting?
If you are desirous of upgrading from dedicated hosting to virtual private servers, you will need to look out for specific features. These features help you with the selection of a suitable VPS hosting provider. These features include:
- VPS Providers with High Uptime – choosing a VPS provider that provides you with high uptime is vital to your decisions. It would not do to choose a hosting provider that has large downtimes frequently. The quality of the uptime provided is directly proportional to the monthly subscription fee for the service.
A 99.99% uptime server guarantee will most likely cost you more than a 99.95% server guarantee. However, the cost is well worth the service provided. Be careful not to select any VPS hosting platform that offers less than a 99.95% uptime guarantee because anything less than that will be very unstable for you to run your business on.
- The Type of VPS Hosting – You have the option of choosing between a managed and unmanaged server. To determine which the provider offers, you should speak with the VPS providers.
To help you grasp the difference between these two options, we will define them as easy to understand. Managed VPSs give you less control over the server. However, the provider maintains and manages the server. This management includes regularly updating the server, implementing security patches, and backing up data.
On the other hand, unmanaged servers grant you more access to the server but dump most of the task of managing it on you. This option is great for individuals who are technologically savvy and have no problems maintaining servers.
- Monthly cost - of course, the price at which the VPS is going should be a key factor. T select one that is within your budget range. However, ensure that you select one that offers you the features you need for your business in your quest for a pocket-friendly VPS.
In other to get the most out of your intended VPS, you must avoid falling into the pitfalls that ridiculously cheap VPS offers. This, however, is not to say that expensive VPSs are the right choice. The best choice most likely lies in the middle, but it must provide you with the relevant features you need to run your business. If you can, select one with a money-back guarantee.
- Customer Support – in addition to all these, you should look out to provide technical support the provider offers. It is best always to ask the providers the support options available, and if you can expect round the clock support from them all year long. If your proposed VPS provider does not offer round the clock support, we advise that you select another provider.
Technical support is essential; you never can tell when you may run into some difficulty with the VPS and require all the help. Thus, it is best to select a VPS with people to walk you through the kinks as you face them.
What are the Top Virtual Private Server Providers in the USA?
Now that you know what you should look out for in VPS hosting, we are sure that the next challenge will be choosing from the top providers offered in America. Narrowing your options down and selecting one can be quite tasking. To help, we have compiled a list of our top VPS hosting providers in the United States of America.
1. SEO-Board VPS Hosting
SEO-board VPS hosting gives you access to support and server management 24/7. The VPS hosting platform releases you from the task of manually maintain the server. SO, you can channel the energy and time to other aspects of your business.
The benefits of using SEO-Board VPS include
- Fast installation of the server and efficient deployment
- Round the clock support all year long
- Efficient and timely management of the virtual private server
- Rapid access to all data stored.
- Offers you full access you need to stay on top of things
- Backs up all data automatically.
- It can be scaled quite easily to match your business needs.
2. InMotion Virtual Private Server Hosting
InMotion stands out as one of the great providers of VPS hosting. The providers offer you great features at fair prices. There is also a whopping 70% discount for WBE readers.
Some of the highlights of InMotion VPS hosting include
- High uptime of up to 99.97%
- The large storage capacity of over 260GB
- The large bandwidth of 6TB
- 8GB of RAM
- Free domain
- Round the clock support and 30-day money-back guarantee.
InMotion VPS offers you two options to choose from:
- Managed VPS hosting plan, which costs a monthly subscription fee of $17 or
- Unmanaged VPS hosting plan which costs $5 monthly
3. A2 Hosting
With A2 VPS hosting, you get access to round the clock support via life chats, phone calls, ticketing, etc. While this VPS option doesn’t quite beat the record set by InMotion VOS, there are still great advantages to using it. These advantages include:
- Access to 24/7 technical support
- 99.95% uptime
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Can be used on Linux and Windows server.
ConclusionA VPS is a fine blend of dedicated hosting and shared hosting. It employs a hypervisor in partitioning your website and separating it from those of other users. There are numerous VPS hosting providers in the US, so selecting one for your business can be challenging. To make choosing a VPS less of a challenge, we have provided you with useful tips as well as a review of the top VPS providers here in the US.
Learn more :